Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snowflakes

I love the snow, always have even when I had to drive in it. I love to see a snowflake on my coat, and think how intricate the details and that there is never two just alike. Today in Church our pastor did something different. We had a video pastor and it was amazing. The man talked about the universe and how God had created all things. He compared earth to a golf ball to all the other stars, and that somewhere on that golf ball we were on it. He also said that God knows everyone on that golf ball, every intricate detail. As I watched the snowfall tonight I thought about how we could be just one snowflake, but put all the snowflakes that had fallen today together and it was so much more than just a snowflake, maybe a snowball or a snowman, or even an ski slope. If I compare myself to a snowflake , that's not much, but join with all the other snowflakes and you become bigger and stronger. I am so glad that I know God and that He knows every intricate detail about me and you. When we join together we can accomplish so much more. I am so thankful to have a Church Family that joins together. We can all love, we can all share our faith,we can all share our personal relationships with Jesus. But when doing all of those together, it is bigger, more visible to those around us. We are being watched by others looking for a better thing. As one person, it is important to have others watching, see God in and thru us. Put us together and we can reach beyond our own tiny space and reach those in our city and county . Wherever you are and whatever you may use to compare yourself to, allow God to work in and thru you, whether it be a snowflake or a snowman or a ski slope.....God wants to use us to further His Kingdom...I am honored and humbled to be one of His snowflakes.

2 comments:

  1. Me too! I love the way that you have put this!!!! :) Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, I've been called a "flake" more than once.....now, with your explanation, I take it as a compliment!!! I'll "stick" with you anytime!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete