Monday, January 19, 2009

Two years wasted

I am so thankful that 2009 is here, along with changes and commitments. Let me say that 2007-2008 was very hard for me, and I did nothing to make it better. It started with a back injury that kept me in bed for 5 months, on pain meds that only made me numb to my surroundings, and to be honest it made it easier that way. I had excuses for not doing anything, my back hurt, my balance was terrible, lost confidence in myself, stopped being a wife and a mother, and grandma. Did not go to Church because of one excuse or another. I totally disengaged from everything. Let me say that I really did have a back injury and was sick with bronchitis and numerous ear infections, in general my health was bad....and I used it whenever I could to keep me from participating in life. I was throwing the biggest pitty party around...for me..accept I was the only one at the party. When you get to the point where you really are all you have because of yourself, it get's really scarry. The only one I knew I had was God himself, and He does not play games...hard lesson learned. Thru all of this I never felt God leave my side, I am very thankful for that, but not deserving for sure,but He loves me and He loves you, I encourage you to take a long look at where you are and what you are doing. If you are comfortable and not feeling motivated ....it just may mean ...get on your knees and confess and ask for forgiveness. God is the most loving one you need. I have a lot of work to do and catching up to do, I thank God that He did not give up on me and He will not give up on you. Until next time..Love Loud , and get personal with God....He is the great leader.....remember "ITS NOT ABOUT YOU" AND THAT IS A GOOD THING.

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, this is all beautifully said! :) I can relate very much to where you are at! I am so thankful that we have such a Graceful and Forgiving God! I am looking forward to growing further into a relationship with God and with others who want their relationships to grow as well! Thank you for voicing the words that God has put on your heart! I look forward to what else He has to say, and what wonderful things He is going to do in and through us! All My Love!
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard the "stretching out of my comfort zone" party!!! Let the party begin!!! Waiting to see what He leads you to say next. love ya!!

    ReplyDelete